Join Our Church
Membership at DIUMC is open to any and all who seek the presence of God in their lives. Baptism is a requirement for membership. If you have been baptized in any Christian denomination, you are free to join whenever your heart is called to do so. If you wish to be baptized, please contact our pastor.
Persons may become members of Dauphin Island United Methodist Church by:
- Vows and profession of faith;
- Transfer from another United Methodist Church;
- Transfer from another body of the Christian church;
- The renewal of vows if they have lapsed;
- Affiliate transfer if they are Methodists and will be in town for a short while; or
- Associate transfer if they belong to another denomination and are in town for a short while.
Profession of faith includes:
- Affirming your baptismal vows;
- Commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord;
- Accepting the Old and New Testaments as normative for faith and practice; and
- Commitment to live the Christian life empowered by the Holy Spirit and remain a faithful member of Christ's Holy Church through your prayers, your presence, your gifts, your service, and your witness.
To discuss membership or to join you may:
- Indicate "Desire to Join" when filling out the attendance pad on Sunday;
- Call or email the pastor to schedule an appointment; or
- Every Sunday you will have the opportunity to come forward when the pastor gives the invitation prior to the closing song during worship.